In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(sack)bolsa del correo femenino América Latinasaca del correo femenino España
2(letters)correspondencia femeninothe series has produced a large postbag — ha llegado mucha correspondencia sobre la serie
- Until archaeology has a strong presence in all politicians' postbags, they will continue to feel able to treat it as irrelevant to 21st century Britain.
- These messages that fill our screens, message boards and postbags are a testament to John and how he touched people's lives across many generations.
- We threw up some of these questions in a long ramble last month, and received one of the most thoughtful postbags ever.
- The competition produced one of the biggest postbags at the Bolton Evening News with almost 1,000 entries.
- The postbags of personal finance sections are often stuffed with letters from folk moaning on about what a mouldy old swizz they think Premium Bonds are.
- Now we come to the abusive section of the postbag.
- Chris' earlier email should have made the postbag last week, but didn't because I goofed.
- Judging by the response to our stories so far, you should expect a heavy postbag.
- Birds, bees, butterflies, bugs, bats, native plants and night-scented flowers have all figured in my postbag in recent weeks.
- I have received a large postbag and several petitions on this issue - and rightly so.
- The two biggest postbags I have ever had were on tennis and Tolkein.
- The size of her postbag convinced her she should do a book - one that definitely would not include any pictures of men with facial hair.
- My postbag is continually full of ideas for internet businesses.
- It may be an easy way of getting a full postbag, but it's lazy.
- My postbag has been almost totally supportive, with about half of them from women.
- My postbag reveals that there is an unofficial debate going on in every city, town and village, with people asking ‘what has gone wrong with Britain?’
- So many of you voted for your favourite restaurants, shops, products and books that we were literally overwhelmed and had to call in outside help to cope with the postbags.
- A mum whose son discovered a postbag containing letters and parcels left on the street claims she called a Royal Mail helpline and was told to deliver them herself.
- All politicians and staff who manage their postbags at the new Holyrood building and in constituency offices across Scotland will receive a video and advice warning of the terrorist threat.
- These flames aren't representative of our postbag - but they are representative of a part of our readership.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.