In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Mothers of America, it's time to talk back and refute insulting post-feminist propaganda.
- Lisa clearly comes from this generation of sexually-empowered post-feminist females; Matt is just old enough to find it novel.
- But what place does such a seemingly out-dated picture of femininity have in today's post-feminist world of working women and sensitized men?
- Apparently, post-feminist women are at their happiest when they are cleaning their houses.
- In our so-called post-feminist world, housework is not simply without status, but fast becoming a guilty secret.
- Was all that consciousness-raising we did in the 1970s to be lost in a new mood of post-feminist consciousness plummeting below our waists?
- Despite the belief that we now live in a post-feminist world, there continue to be startling gaps between how far women are thought to have come and the realities of where we are.
- The model is basically the same: hip-hop and disco-informed dance tunes undercut with punk rock adrenaline levels and post-feminist diatribes.
- It is too easy to skip over feminism in these self-proclaimed post-feminist times.
- Particularly, Hollywood's target audience of 18 to 25-year-olds tend to look for post-feminist attitudes to gender issues.
- This is too frequently a riddle which drives us into paroxysms of post-feminist uncertainty.
- What on the surface is a short film that embraces a post-feminist viewpoint in its celebration of female sexuality is actually more concerned with its irreverent underbelly.
- In this post-feminist era, the danger is that in reclaiming the dignity of domestic work, women risk putting themselves right back where they started.
- I wrote a post-feminist dissertation and book, without giving it much thought, a boundary encountered in practice, perceived only after-the-fact.
- To many minds, we live in a post-feminist era when denouncing sexist strictures is anachronistic.
- Unfortunately, this utterly disposable post-feminist tract is so misguided that it ends up making most reality TV look thoughtful.
- I would never have been able to explain it in theoretical terms, but I think, looking back, I was writing about post-feminist women at a time when we were very confused.
- Unofficially, this is because I can't cook, officially, it's because I am making a statement of post-feminist empowerment.
- The nude, once a staple of the painter's repertoire, has taken a hit in the post-feminist era.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.