In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The preoperative nurse teaches the patient what to expect in the preoperative and post-operative areas.
- One patient was assessed with tumour extending to the resection margin and was given post-operative radiotherapy.
- Patients were also recommended to regularly visit the respective hospitals for post-operative care.
- This was then followed by or mixed with a description of the operation, post-operative care and risks - all in 15 minutes or under.
- Some of the patients in their early post-operative period will have some mild irritation.
- Usually, a narcotic is given for immediate post-operative pain relief.
- They can be operated on, but it's off to the theatre and a general anaesthetic and a painful post-operative period.
- It consisted of 24 rooms located on one ward for each of the pre- and post-operative care areas, plus one room for resuscitation if required.
- No robust evidence exists for the optimal period for maintaining post-operative suction drainage.
- My wife received post-operative chemotherapy from these medical oncologists, seven months after having that metastatic tumour surgically excised.
- Treatment should be continued throughout the period of post-operative care until the risk of deep vein thrombosis has diminished.
- Improved quality of care may account for the decrease in mortality, through new technologies or improved perioperative and post-operative care, or both.
- They appealed for antibiotics, surgical sutures and intravenous drugs needed for post-operative care.
- Resources need to be allocated for effective post-operative follow-up so that evaluation of ENT surgery can be conducted.
- The threshold improvements were greater in the latter study, however, the post-operative assessment period was not clearly specified.
- Adjuvant post-operative radiation therapy was administered because resection margins were positive.
- The post-operative period is often shorter and smoother as well, he adds.
- The condition can lead to serious post-operative complications, including congestive heart failure or stroke.
- The trend is for hearing to continue to improve as the post-operative period increases.
- The patient had an uncomplicated post-operative course and underwent chemotherapy
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.