In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1de después de comer
- I'm sure I am not alone in finding that extra-thick part at the base of a chocolate egg far too much for a child's delicate palate, and just right for a postprandial petit-four.
- Along with a couple of beers and a postprandial Metaxa and coffee, our bill came to a total of 28 leva, including a few leva for a tip.
- These data suggest that gene-diet interactions are important for handling of lipoproteins in the postprandial period.
- This, whispers Her Ladyship, is where Her Majesty the Queen brings her most distinguished dinner guests for their postprandial entertainment.
- He was a man of routine and having dined with his elder son, Robert, he retired as usual for his postprandial nap - only last Monday he did not wake up.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.