In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The authors postulated that the reasons might have had something to do with productivity.
- She noted, moreover, that these laws sometimes provide good grounds for claims about the existence of the causal entities postulated by a theory.
- Many philosophers treat the beliefs and desires postulated by folk psychology as brain states with symbolic contents.
- On this basis, we have postulated two scenarios for the future of energy.
- Thus, the theory postulates that inertial and gravitational masses are fundamentally the same thing.
- Another reason for postulating the existence of such superstructures is some evidence of anomalous membrane roughness suggested by studies of membrane adhesion.
- My reason for writing this is not to postulate a gloom-and-doom scenario but to suggest that we be prepared to react to an enemy game plan that may be different from our own.
- Conserved residues within the compact protein cores have been postulated to be critical for protein folding.
- Weber, like Bergson, stopped just short of postulating the existence of the unconscious.
- As a result, researchers now postulate that serotonin may have a role in regulating prolactin secretion.
- We also postulated that there could be different protein isoforms that correlated with these temporal and spatial transcripts.
- A second theory postulates that when melatonin levels are depressed, female hormones are increased.
- Considering all such factors, there seems no compelling reason to postulate the existence of a hitherto unknown creature in Lake Champlain.
- The authors postulated that this decrease is likely to be multifactorial.
- Some researchers postulate that reserves of liquid water still exist underground.
- Furthermore, the model postulates that individuals vary in their propensity for both excitation and inhibition.
- Attachment theory postulates that bonds with parents have an important bearing on future relationships.
- The radical scavenging mechanism postulated above could, therefore, be another mechanism of action.
- Early Greek science postulated the existence of a primordial element as the foundation of the material universe.
- This effect was postulated to provide a basis for the toxicity of such compounds.
2(assume)presuponerdar por supuesto
1Matemáticas Filosofíapostulado masculino
- In his work on proofs of the parallel postulate, al-Nayrizi quotes work by a mathematician named Aghanis.
- The barium-flame-colour generalization is a deductive consequence of the postulates of atomic theory.
- The work of Bolyai and Lobachevsky are comparable in that sense, that they both challenge axiomatic assumptions, but their postulates are of Euclidean geometry.
- On Russell's view, the knowing involved in knowledge of the postulates is a kind of animal knowing, which arises as habitual beliefs from the experience of interaction with the world.
- Nevertheless, Kant accepted the traditional claims of theology, and even tried to resuscitate them under the obscure doctrine of the postulates of practical reason.
- But this is not to suggest that Hebb's influence was just his postulates related to synaptic change.
- As we saw in Chapter 6, 2-4, the plan to identify each branch of mathematics with a single postulate system failed, at least when it comes to describing deductive mathematical practice.
- In the same sense that a Cartesian geometry specifies certain axioms, definitions, and postulates as the basis for a formal geometry, an ivory-tower geometry.
- Now the problem which had perplexed Bolyai most in his study of mathematics had been the independence of Euclid's Fifth postulate.
- There are still tons of unanswered questions in the field of infectious disease, and as we learn more, we find it's not always as simple and straightforward as Koch's postulates suggest.
- Since Euclid's axiomatic formulation of geometry mathematicians had been trying to prove his fifth postulate as a theorem deduced from the other four axioms.
2(assumption)presupuesto masculinopremisa femenino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.