In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of body)postura femeninofemenino posturafemenino poseshe has very bad posture — tiene muy mala postura
- in a relaxed posture — en una postura / pose relajada
- Help may also be had through physiotherapy, advice on improving the posture, use of a soft surgical collar, advice on avoiding bending or stooping and on how best to carry weights.
- Telling her she should cut her bangs, improve her posture, study harder or eat less between meals is not your business!
- Part of the rehabilitation process includes minimising the sitting posture, as this places great pressure on the low back.
- The standing posture is primarily used as a weight-bearing activity and for blood pressure regulation.
- The rods are rigid and the portion of the spine that is fused underneath the rods will be rigid and help improve your sitting posture.
- Sitting, like other postures, is regulated all around the world according to gender, age, and social status.
- Here's one stretch you can do that will help to strengthen your lower abs and improve your sitting and standing posture.
- An effective free weight program can strengthen your body, enhance your motor skills and improve your posture.
- The physical exertion and sometimes intense stretching of the standing postures has prepared the body to be able to get maximum benefit from the floor series, most of which focus on the spine.
- The popularity of the Pilates workout is its potential to change the body shape, stretch and lengthen the muscles, improve the posture and strengthen the conditioning.
- She assessed my desk, sitting and standing postures, before telling me that I was basically fine, but did I by any chance sleep on my side?
- His posture improved so much that his clothes no longer fit.
- You straighten my posture, leaving standing entirely up to me.
- Yoga practice can help improve your posture, breathing and concentration as well as reducing stress levels.
- In the preceding paragraph the natural posture is explained as a standing posture.
- I did a ten-week course last year, dragging myself to each session, and my posture improved and I learned some useful stuff.
- The evolution of China's ancient furniture is closely related to the sitting posture of ancient Chinese.
- This mild workout helps improve your posture and balance through a combination of strength and flexibility moves.
- Quite often, simply balancing your sitting posture can reduce mid-back tension.
- I improved my posture - with my legs more flexed and my upper body more upright, I'm not over the ball as much.
2formal(attitude)postura femeninoto adopt a neutral/disinterested posture — adoptar una postura neutral/desinteresada
- Skepticism is a method of inquiry primarily, not an attitude or posture or philosophical viewpoint that denies entities or phenomena out of hand.
- There is no doubt that any set of procedures and presumptions will shape the negotiation and litigation postures of the parties to a custody dispute.
- Arms-length disengagement or a perpetual posture of ‘standing ready to help’ is now woefully inadequate.
- Washington's motives are widely distrusted and its various foreign policy postures are viewed suspiciously, even by long-standing allies.
- Even before he moves I know how it's going to happen, I've read their postures and attitudes and I already have it planned.
1hacer posesadoptar poses
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.