In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(dish)estofado masculinocarne a la cacerola femenino América Latina
- Mom had cooked a pot roast for dinner, but Jared and I were so tired that our heads were practically hitting the table.
- The range of recipes for cooking it includes a pot roast, barbecued beaver, baked, fried, stewed, fricasséed, or in a meat loaf or pie.
- My old lady's just taking the pot roast out of the oven.
- He twitched a little, smiled then looked at the pot roast.
- As for the lamb, think melting meat, falling off the bone, with the rich, dark juices you get from a pot roast.
- As if I asked her if she knew the color of the sky or how to cook a pot roast.
- Nothing fancy this, just a sound pot roast pigeon recipe with classic flavourings and a thick, old-fashioned gravy.
- How long does it take to cook really good pot roast - and why?
- The texture of a well cooked pot roast is often described as ‘fork-tender’.
- Haven't any of these girls even helped prepare a pot roast before?
- I think I had a pot roast cooking on low this morning.
- We forgot about the people who ate beef and didn't want to spend six hours making a pot roast.
- Then to find out just how rugged it really was I tried slicing up a pot roast that was tougher than saddle leather and twice as stiff.
- That's nothing compared to the time she burned down the kitchen trying to cook a pot roast.
- It is not enough to pass on the good china; you must also pass on the family recipe for making the pot roast.
- It will become the latest place for fashionable New Yorkers, who will push the pot roast around their plates while nibbling salads.
- For a certain kind of eater, nothing less than a pot roast will do.
- You come home just as she's pulling a burnt pot roast from the oven.
- The political discussion appeared to have ended at last, and everyone had turned their attention back to the pot roast on their plates.
- ‘This is good,’ Andy said suddenly taking another big bite of the pot roast Jamie cooked.
2(cut of meat)carne para estofar femenino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.