In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fumador de marihuana masculinofumadora de marihuana femeninofumata masculino España argotmetelón masculino Venezuela Colombia coloquialmetelona femenino Venezuela Colombia coloquial
- They have to deal with violent deranged crack heads, not peaceful potheads?
- You may wonder how a cartoon strip about three potheads could survive the 1960s, let alone the 80s.
- All the guys at my school are either potheads or nerds.
- She didn't want to turn into the potheads her parents were.
- Was it an implication that I am a pothead, or a coke addict?
- I was a second-stringer who didn't talk to anyone but potheads.
- ‘Wow Grant,’ she replied, ‘You look like the same pothead I've known for years.’
- But then potheads in Amsterdam start a protest that spreads throughout Europe, extinguishing exports.
- From a high school lifetime spent in the drama department with all the potheads and future homosexuals, I learned a thing or ten about musicals.
- I know people I'd call potheads, but nobody that smokes that much, that often.
- Maybe I could head back to school and pay one of the potheads a hundred bucks to do a quick job.
- 70% of potheads claim not to have gone on to class A substance, which is a fairly believable stat.
- They played football and soccer during the school season, but they were also potheads that skateboarded and got into trouble regularly.
- This is, therefore, not a greenlight to all you potheads to head for the border; as police will continue to bust those who cultivate or deal the drug illegally.
- Scared you might actually bond with some of these potheads?
- I might not be as stable as all the rest of you potheads, but I don't need a baby-sitter.
- Look at his friends, druggies and potheads galore.
- Most people who grew up in the Sixties weren't longhaired potheads… they were buttoned-down squares who liked cars and girls, and the Beach Boys were their poster boys.
- If potheads are entitled to their drug of choice, why not those who prefer a line of Charlie?
- People think that we're all major potheads but the fact of the matter is I'm way more into alcohol, Vicadan, morphine and codeine.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.