In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1borla femeninocisne masculino Río de la Plata
- Applicators - sponges, brushes, powder puffs - pose the greatest risk of common contamination because they can harbor bacteria, dirt and oil from your skin.
- Tonalities of white and pink dominate the composition: the delicate pallor of her alabaster skin and the rosiness of her cheeks and lips are variously echoed in her gown and mantle, the cameo, tablecloth, and powder puff.
- ‘But melting makeup and shine don't mean you should be a slave to a powder puff,’ she adds.
- Not that the ad dwells on whatever it was he did, because too much chatter would distract from the footage of a younger, hipper Senate candidate massaging another man's face and applying powder with a pink powder puff.
- I prefer to think of it as a miniature powder-puff, essentially feminine and quite irresistible.
- A powder puff would then gently be dabbed on her face to even out any creases or blotches.
- Prepare to be amazed as Jeanne's creations mix traditional and non-traditional materials including powder puffs, hair clips and face masks.
- She tries in vain to reverse what is happening through the use of face powder and a powder puff, but with the knowledge that nothing can be done.
- It was funny watching Mr Tough Guy pat his face with this little powder puff, but I didn't dare tease him.
- It looks like a giant's white powder puff that when cut reveals a smooth, pale cheese with an aroma that hints of lemon, milk and freshly mown grass.
- The final touch to Laura's ensemble is two handkerchief-wrapped powder puffs stuffed in the bosom of her dress to improve her bust line.
- Before doing anything else, she dabs her T-zone (forehead, nose and chin) with loose powder, using a large powder puff to pick up excess moisture.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.