In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1desayuno de trabajo masculino
- It mounted a robust election campaign, which included boisterous, well-managed rallies and even a Western-style meet-the-press power breakfast on the eve of polling.
- But even you, with your morning cardio and your power breakfast, are not immune to the black hole known as afternoon.
- Limelight serves the very best of international fare, from power breakfasts to special intimate dinners.
- We, the hungry press, were on time for our power breakfast, but Nvidia wasn't.
- I was meeting Amy for a New York style power breakfast.
- Our team enjoyed a power breakfast of pancakes, eggs, and bacon before putting on their climbing harnesses and backpacks and heading out.
- Now advised that, even as his brain storms, his body is sustaining a hurricane of dangerous oxidants, will Gordon Brown rethink his power breakfast?
- Enjoy your Fusion powered breakfast!
- This summer, the hot subject at talent agencies and power breakfasts here has been the HBO series "Entourage."
- But on this occasion the men decided the prospect of the mammoth La Vista power breakfast was too good to worry about the little extra we would have to pay.
- That morning, Nick had woken him at five thirty exactly, forcing him to wolf down a hastily made power breakfast.
- The power breakfast comprised bacon, sausage, eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms and hashbrowns with thick slices of sourdough bread making for hearty servings indeed.
- But it's the hotel's power breakfasts that attract captains, kings, senators, actors and governors.
- Can you go to the Regency Hotel and order a power breakfast, and say "Bring me a Slim Fast, or do you have to bring your own?"
- An Environmental Associate with the law firm Sidley Austin Brown & Wood, Trisha discovered the power breakfast to top them all.
- You can have your egg-white omelette or met-Rx bar; I've found my new power breakfast.
- The Americans invented the term power breakfast and I've seen it appearing on numerous hotel menus, especially in New York.
- My favorite "power breakfast" is one of these with about a 1/2 TBS of peanut butter for spreading, and 8 oz. or so of skim milk.
- "If you can have power breakfasts and power lunches, why not power naps?"
- I just don't do the star parties or the private screenings or the power breakfasts any more than I absolutely have to.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.