In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1estilo de vestimenta adoptado por algunas mujeres ejecutivas para proyectar una imagen de autoridad y eficiencia
- The clothes you wear have a lot to do with it and it's not just a question of "power dressing" either.
- It was utterly at odds with the broad shoulders and pencil skirts that defined the power-dressing of the period.
- On the political stage, however, she cuts a composed and stylish figure, without resorting to power dressing.
- This is power dressing 16th-century style- look at Jean's shoes!
- However, he feels the concept of power dressing among women will take some time.
- Power dressing the Venezuelan way means the tighter the better.
- He saw off the last vestiges of heroin chic, and ushered in an era of dressing up, redefining power dressing on the way.
- Cheryl had kept faith with power-dressing; you could balance tea trays on her shoulder pads.
- I think their choices are interesting, but come on, it's on the same page as "men's guide to power dressing".
- Power dressing is important for the woman of today.
- It was the decade of power-dressing and big hair.
- There's nothing new about power dressing.
- I'm talking power dressing at whole new level.
- Thomas was amazed at the `power dressing' at airports.
- Forget power-dressing, now it's time for power haircuts.
- But with power-dressing currently as popular as Tony Blair at the Ledbury hunt ball, its imminent revival seems certain.
- That's really cool power dressing.
- Designer labels and power dressing were all the go.
- The Labor party does have a sense of romance and a literary history that goes side-by-side with some of the power-dressing and bad ties.
- Now that stiff power-dressing has disappeared, the blazer is ready for its third wave of success.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.