In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pradera femeninollanura femeninothe prairie(s) — la Pradera
- Limestone prairie habitat in Pennsylvania is seriously threatened.
- Thermal conditions in the previous year were strongly associated with grasshopper abundance in this oldfield prairie.
- Numbers have been greatly reduced in the Canadian prairies for this very reason.
- My friend and I have just come upon a picturesque farmhouse on a rolling prairie.
- Over 90 percent of our native prairies has been plowed under or grazed away.
- In that place we had an open prairie not far from our house.
- Other populations of Sioux are to be found in the prairie provinces of Canada.
- Sedge meadow was distinguished from wet prairie by having more than half its dominants as sedge family species.
- The campus itself boasts 6800 acres of open water, fields, deciduous forests, restored prairie, and wetlands.
- Prairie pothole marshes were present in two small prairie potholes that often dry completely in the summer.
- The Canadian prairie is one of the most productive wheat fields in the world.
- In fact, he spends much of his free time walking through the wet prairies near his home.
- In the prairie pothole region of the United States, blackbirds damage ripening sunflower crops.
- The redevelopment will restore prairie and riparian corridors within new city parks and open space.
- As a young woman she worked job to job, to help her parents make their prairie farm a home.
- Both originated on our vast wind-swept prairies for good reason.
- Hazy purple horizons, the norm on these rolling prairies, stretched away in all directions.
- With these they are able to dramatise plains, prairies, steppes and meadows.
- They're not unlike the rolling prairies he sings of.
- In 1708, the area around their towns consisted of open oak woodlands, savannas, and prairies.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.