In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He had his pre-op medication and they had given him morphine.
- A nurse's aid came to walk me down to the pre-op area.
- I have been waiting, only a short time, for an operation on my leg and on Monday I received a letter from the hospital inviting me for my pre-op consultation on Wednesday and the operation next Wednesday.
- Of course it would be common courtesy for a transexual to make it known they are a pre-op transexual.
- During my pre-op appointment yesterday, he mentioned that he doesn't think the surgery will really help with my chief complaint.
- As a responsible surgeon, you provide your patients with postoperative instructions at their pre-op appointment.
- A few hours later, my mother was whisked away to a pre-op room.
- She was laying on a gurney, of course, in the pre-op room.
- When he goes in for the pre-op checkup, they can just skip over the part where they listen to his heart…
- At 6: 30 AM, I will be moved from my room to the pre-op prep room.
- I watched him move around the pre-op room, a handsome man in his scrubs, tall and strong, unlike poor me, lying there like a lamb to the slaughter.
- Whenever I schedule a patient for a procedure, the anesthesiologists order a bunch of pre-op labs, and I am copied on the results.
- Afterwards, I took him for a pub lunch, where he confided that on the pre-op trolley, the surgeon warned him she might have to remove a testicle.
- They handed me my standard issue hospital togs, bringing memories of wisdom teeth and tonsils flooding back, and wheeled me to a pre-op holding bay.
- When they came to give me the pre-op needle for the anaesthetic I just screamed.
- They waited, clutching their pre-op paperwork and the hands of their relatives, looking nervous or bewildered, lost inside themselves.
- When the surgeon finally came for his pre-op visit, Dad asked only one question: ‘Will my personality change?’
- So quite often pre-op physiotherapy is required and this may be several months of intensive physiotherapy.
1tranquilizante preoperatorio masculino
- And as you can see, the pre-ops are on the left and the post-ops are on the right.
- When maintainers do pre-ops from memory, I become edgy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.