In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It's a test that can detect the presence of infections, inflammation, precancerous cells or cancer.
- Screening for and removal of colorectal cancer and precancerous adenomatous polyps can decrease the incidence of colon disease.
- There's been a controversy for many years about whether the virus infects healthy epithelial cells or just cancerous and precancerous cells.
- We all know that early detection of problems is the very best way to detect precancerous conditions, which can often be treated before cancer develops.
- Regular dental checkups that include an examination of the entire mouth are important in the early detection of oral and oropharyngeal cancers and precancerous conditions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.