In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1precisión femenino(tool/instrument) (before noun) de precisiónprecision bombing — bombardeo de precisión masculino
- precision engineering — ingeniería de precisión
- precision timing — sincronización
- It was Townsend who supplied a precision flick on to Cormac Mullins who saw his point blank shot saved by the Tullow keeper.
- But there will always be the need for the precision tool, designed and prepared for a specific scenario.
- Careful craftsmanship goes into the precision manufacturing of each nozzle orifice.
- It just looks like it might actually be fun to use, even though it is a precision instrument.
- Meehan could only blast over from the left hand side of the box after Ferguson slid a precision pass through to him.
- By then, Cooke was established as a precision engineer of genius.
- They would have had to smuggle in the precision machine tools necessary for new centrifuges.
- Even so-called precision bombing is only as accurate as the intelligence that guides it.
- The ability to take out precision targets in urban environments will be critical in future conflicts.
- Now even more airshow fans will be able to see the precision aerobatics.
- You wouldn't know that beneath her stripy shirt lurk stomach muscles which appear to have been carved from ebony with precision tools.
- Clint Stoerner swings his arm, flexing the muscles which will have to deliver a precision pass in the face of extraordinary pressure.
- Bullet molds are precision instruments, and must be used and stored carefully.
- It took a team of three technicians to coordinate the lasers and rotate the accelerator, using lasers to guide it to a precision hit.
- The accident-prone insurance industry is at it again, falling flat on its face with the precision timing of slapstick comedy.
- Torque wrenches are precision instruments and need to treated and operated carefully.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.