In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1precursor masculinoprecursora femenino
- Bond's preoccupation with brand names made him a precursor of the consumer society.
- This monologue dates from 1977, and it is perhaps most interesting as a precursor of the author's later and better work.
- This is a precursor of the modern Spaghetti alla carbonara, one of the most popular pasta dishes, but of obscure origin.
- This took place in 1922, and was a precursor of the show trials of the following decades.
- In so doing, Coram created London's first art gallery, a precursor of the Royal Academy.
- As the first venture develops it is the precursor of what may become a new niche in the travel industry and in holiday home real estate.
- Hubris has most clearly set in and hubris is the precursor of the end.
- It therefore formed a precursor of the Renaissance court.
- In the Netherlands, shared care models have acted as a precursor of the recently introduced concept of disease management.
- The clicking noise is normally a precursor of a lost/broken rivet and should be regarded as a warning sign.
- The pre-meal selection of chutneys is a precursor of the sharp flavours to come.
- What appeals to me is that it's a precursor of Pinter and a follower of Coward.
- Companies can be guided by key lead indicators which have historically been a precursor of a change in activity levels for their business sector.
- It was an obvious precursor of today's great intermediary, money, in such forms as bank credit.
- On the one hand, alchemy is regarded as a precursor of the modern science of chemistry.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.