In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fallecer antes que
- Dad was predeceased by his beloved wife Tena, six brothers and four sisters.
- In 1376 he predeceased his father, leaving his young son Richard as heir to the throne.
- They had a family of five daughters and one son John, the latter who sadly predeceased his father.
- Few people apart from experts in the field have any inkling that Nietzsche predeceased his sister by some 35 years.
- The two men ended up in a bitter dispute, and Henry the Young King predeceased his father.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.