In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1predecesor masculinopredecesora femenino
- If they are as harsh in judging us as we are in judging our predecessors, then we will certainly be condemned.
- In this context comparisons to his great predecessor in office do not seem to me absurd.
- Very few composers in this period have wasted time in crowing over the internal contradictions of their predecessors.
- However, the manner in which his predecessors vacated the manager's office has left a bitter taste in some quarters.
- As such, she may be given the second chance denied to her predecessors.
- Goldie provides an interesting contrast with her predecessor when it comes to people skills.
- Our predecessors, as journalists and readers, were far less squeamish.
- Some might say the big screen, as much as anything else, contributed to his predecessor's downfall.
- Watching it all will be his predecessor, currently holed up in Australia, unable to get back home.
- Just over three years ago, one of Father Marvin's predecessors was assaulted by a woman demanding money.
- Her predecessor had apparently turned her office into a cosy front room, complete with a fireplace.
- When I started this job my predecessor left me a guide which I referred to constantly for the first few weeks.
- Critics say he is more militant than his predecessor.
- Harrigan's predecessors helped establish corporate governance as a force for change.
- Unlike the majority of their predecessors, the officials were on the whole rather fair.
- Yes, the current York City chairman and his predecessor are very different men.
- I also found out that my female predecessors were of pioneering stock.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.