In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Although I have bought several systems with Linux pre-installed from several different vendors, they were all web servers.
- The company has signed deals with the world's top hardware manufacturers to have its settings pre-installed on laptops and PDAs.
- It is a legal requirement that pre-installed operating systems remain with a machine for the life of the machine.
- Are the machines going to come with Corel Linux pre-installed?
- Linux is certified and shipped pre-installed on workstations but is not offered on Compaq desktops and laptops.
- Red Hat is still in discussion with hardware vendors about selling machines with the software pre-installed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.