In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1prematuramenteantes de tiempothe baby was born prematurely — el niño fue prematuro
- Mac's face seemed prematurely grey and aged, his body hunched as he read.
- Milan, she would tell me in our long phone calls, was looking shrivelled and prematurely aged.
- He said that some men would slip away and leave the centre prematurely and end back on the streets or in prison again.
- Another important component of a policy is life cover, so that the cost of the animal is refunded should it die prematurely.
- When my son was born prematurely I was convinced that it was my fault.
- It is the loneliest job in the world they say, and more than one comic has died prematurely from the stress of trying to make others laugh.
- Being born prematurely can increase the risk of being deaf or becoming deaf.
- Five of his mother's brothers had gone down the pit and died prematurely because of their working conditions.
- She went public about the sensitive issue of her identity after the match prematurely ended.
- If they have been chased around by a dog they could end up giving birth prematurely, which could cause problems and even death.
- Her hair had greyed prematurely, her once youthful face was lined with worry and fraught with grief.
- Yet for most mortals, the sight of loved ones suffering or dying prematurely is not ennobling.
- He was born prematurely on January 8 last year and died three days later.
- Aimee was born two weeks prematurely and had to spend four weeks in special care, though this was not linked to her liver problem.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.