In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- For each patient we collected data on preoperative and operative variables to calculate predicted mortality.
- The surgeon may have the patient sign the informed consent upon arrival in the preoperative area of the hospital.
- The results of this study show that participants had a pragmatic view of the preoperative skin test.
- Most urologic procedures do not require preoperative antibiotic prophylaxis.
- A nurse practitioner performs the preoperative history and physical examination.
- Prevention of postoperative infection begins in the preoperative period.
- What qualities does a preoperative nurse need to pursue a career with a health care company?
- The nurse gave the patient written orders to obtain a preoperative complete blood count and pregnancy test.
- The last of these included the use of preoperative assessment clinics to ensure that patients were fit for surgery.
- A nasogastric tube was placed, and preoperative antibiotics were administered.
- The preoperative admission nurse instructs the patient to change into a hospital gown.
- Some participants found it difficult to understand why a preoperative skin test was performed.
- These patients may be a target group for specialist preoperative medical assessment.
- Basic life support training is recommended for all nurses in the preoperative care unit.
- The anesthesia care provider administers the block in the preoperative holding area.
- The surgeon ordered preoperative blood laboratory work to include a blood glucose level.
- The preoperative wait period is an ideal time for reducing cardiac risk factors, including insulin resistance.
- Nursing assessment by hospital staff members begins with a preoperative telephone call to the patient.
- Patients with clinical evidence of preoperative infection were excluded from the study.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.