In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- They perform side-by-side on a barren stage with the beats played by a preprogrammed drum machine.
- The instrument we provide is preprogrammed for immediate operation.
- Faucets also are available that can be preprogrammed to your desired temperature setting.
- Being predisposed does not mean one is a helpless preprogrammed robot with no moral choice in the matter.
- Push a preprogrammed button, which dials someone's personal ID and instantly connects you to that person's phone.
- They had an automatic phone fitted in his office, preprogrammed to enable him to reach other numbers at the push of a single button.
- And now we are in a position where we have clocks in all of our computers and a lot of our electronic devices which are preprogrammed to spring forward on a particular day.
- It appears that the machines had been preprogrammed with a few hundred votes.
- The words that they choose seem to be preprogrammed to elicit a specific reaction from the person that they are speaking to.
- He had already preprogrammed the tactical display to show the status of their ships as well as his.
- Quiet but not shy, he's thoughtful and intelligent, without seeming preprogrammed to promote his blossoming career.
- A robot can be preprogrammed to fight someone with laser claws.
- We're not blank slates and we're not preprogrammed biological robots, of course.
- The three machines here offer up all the standard basic features, as well as a slew of other convenient functions such as the preprogrammed popcorn button (hold the salt and butter, naturally).
- Devices of all sorts, including preprogrammed hand-held organizers, have been developed to engage audience members' intellectual curiosity.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.