In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1presciencia femenino formal
- Some of them have occurred exactly as predicted, and stand as proof of my prescience and insight.
- ‘Unbelievable,’ Federer said, dwelling on his prescience.
- A rereading, however, shows that he had imagined our future with incredible prescience and was rightly appalled by the vista.
- And the stark prescience of the imagery must make us shiver.
- This book is also worth re-reading because of Card's prescience in anticipating the Internet's role in political debate.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.