In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(for drug) receta femenino(for glasses) receta femenino(for glasses) fórmula femenino(glasses) (before noun) de fórmula(glasses) (before noun) graduadoto make out a prescription — extender una receta
- to fill / (British) make up a prescription — preparar una receta
- available on prescription only — en venta solamente bajo receta
- (in UK) prescription charge — contribución del paciente al costo de las medicinas recetadas
- If this is an ongoing problem, ask your prescriber to write the prescription for the dosage form you can take most comfortably.
- It has been alleged that Ting employed an unlicensed technician who saw patients and wrote prescriptions.
- A computer glitch at one general practice resulted in prescriptions being issued with the real cost of the drug printed alongside each item.
- He examined my lesions through a magnifying glass, quickly wrote down a prescription of drugs, and, handing it to us, asked us to come for follow up after a week.
- Use of computers for issuing prescriptions increased prescribing of generic drugs, and use of computers for test ordering led to cost savings and fewer unnecessary tests.
- I wrote a bunch of prescriptions and sent seven patients home from the hospital.
- The surgeon gives the patient a prescription for supervised physical therapy.
- Pharmacists have been given the go-ahead to issue repeat prescriptions without involving family doctors and to sell medicines which have only been available on prescription.
- If your patient has a prescription for a medication for mood control, take it with you and use it when he/she begins to become anxious.
- We considered patients as currently receiving a drug if their last prescription was issued within 90 days before the index date.
- Writing clear and concise directions on the prescription will assist the patient in appropriate use of the medication.
- Correct patient identification and clear written prescriptions are important components of the safe administration of drugs in hospital.
- In brief, the general practitioner writes a prescription which the patient takes to the pharmacist.
- The only difference is that that member wants to force people to follow one prescription rather than actually to work with people and use the brains of the whole industry.
- Properly written prescriptions will help ensure continuity of care in the patient's local community.
- The authors conclude that at least 7 percent of prescriptions written for pediatric patients in the emergency department are not filled.
- Then I go to attend to my patients and write prescriptions and directions for their ailments.
- Prescriptions must only be signed by the prescriber at the time prescriptions are written for a specific patient.
- In order to write a prescription the recipient of the prescription must be a patient in their clinic and have a chart.
- A doctor will write you a prescription for pain medication.
- I'm looking forward to being able to write prescriptions and referral letters with the click of a button.
- But with prescriptions like antibiotics, the medication must be finished for it to be effective.
- We believe that the economic policy prescriptions of the current government are fundamentally correct.
- There was no width prescription in the case of private roads.
- All parties have their own prescriptions for giving a boost to the rural economy and creating more jobs.
- Sadly, it seems that what matters to Judge Becker is not what courts say, but what the executive has said - and what the best policy prescription may be.
- Even if I could do it, it's impossible to spell out a detailed policy prescription in a blog.
- At the chemist picking up my prescription, I saw two young guys standing in line.
- Put that way, those recommendations sound like a prescription for improvement of ecology in general, not just studies of urbanization effects.
- There is much to recommend Lodal's prescription but less reason to believe it will be embraced.
- Angus waited outside whilst I went in and bought Gerald's medicine, a continuing prescription routinely picked up once a month.
- Additionally her spirit was being calmed and her moods and concentration were considered within the herbal prescription.
- Your institution may have recommendations or prescriptions about the form this should take.
- It is making a completely new prescription in terms of what was the effect or result of the 1947 Act.
- However, the letter demonstrates that recommendations and prescriptions for society often reflect individual biases and belief systems.
- The Lancet letter also gave details of the herbal prescription which this patient supposedly was taking.
- In spite of some of the mysterious remedies, other prescriptions, as he said, came out of the theory of Chinese medicine - using acupuncture and herbs.
- The same diet prescription was adopted by all the participants.
- Although medication is often part of a successful treatment approach, school personnel are usually not directly involved in recommending a prescription.
- My mother passed away last year and I took her prescriptions to my local pharmacy.
- In the end, few doctors will object to the basic prescription: Avoid drastic procedures that probably won't help and might actually do harm.
- Thus, the principles of exercise prescription for heart failure patients are similar to those for healthy people.
- Zhang reported about 200 different prescriptions of herbs effective for treating epilepsy.
- In the USA, a man took a traditional herbal prescription containing 36 ingredients.
- Is the Human Development Report's prescription convincing?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.