In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Before you know it, the holidays will be over and we'll be back in Phoenix and Las Vegas for preseason testing.
- He sat out the end of last season with a knee injury, and preseason reports on the knee aren't overly optimistic.
- As a rookie, he suffered a serious shoulder injury making a tackle in a preseason game and later hurt a knee.
- Fleury ended up missing a week of preseason games and practice due to the contract issue.
- He has started in each of the Raiders' first three preseason games and is expected to be in the lineup tonight.
- That momentum needs to continue into training camp and preseason games.
- He has arthritis in the shoulder and didn't play in the final three preseason games but is expected to play in the opener.
- With the regular season about to begin, the Warrior men split their final two preseason games.
- He likely will practice only once a day and won't play in the first two or three preseason games.
- Hopefully your child's coach held a preseason meeting with all the team athletes and their parents.
- Yes, this was a preseason game, but both teams' regulars were getting heavy minutes.
- He was penalized five times in his last four quarters of preseason play.
- In terms of training camp and preseason experience, McIntosh isn't even that advanced.
- We're going with a quarterback who's never really played, other than preseason games.
- He hasn't played since the third preseason game because of a sprained knee.
- Coaches are scared about losing key players to preseason injuries, so they keep them off the field.
- He has played well in preseason games, but it's time to decide whether he can be the top backup.
- It would be their first venture to the west coast for preseason drills.
- The last two weeks is more in line with what preseason projections of the Eagles expected.
- He was impressive in the preseason opener and has solid skills for the position.
- They had better preseasons than Davis, who struggled with injuries.
- Remember, he didn't have a training camp or a preseason because of a knee injury.
- A defense that appeared to be showing signs of age in the preseason is playing as well as ever.
- ‘It's good to know that I've had two solid preseasons, and people around the league feel I can play,’ Dickenson says.
- He isn't going to participate fully in practice in the early weeks of training camp or play much in the preseason.
- Perhaps the most important find of the preseason came in the final game.
- But he looked rusty and his timing was off after spending most of the preseason on the sideline.
- He hasn't shown a lot of promise the past two preseasons, but the team has a lot of future money invested in Lewis.
- The most important thing would be to shorten the preseason down to two games.
- He had a hernia operation last spring and missed the preseason with a hip injury, never recapturing his form.
- The growing pains he experienced during the preseason are a thing of the past.
- Personnel changes on defense showed positive results during training camp and the preseason.
- He played well in training camp and has looked good in the preseason.
- He still needs to learn to play with consistency and must avoid the penalties that plagued him in the preseason.
- Neither the offense nor the defense has found rhythm in the preseason.
- The fuss over how much Vick should play in the preseason is unnecessary.
- In the preseason, defenses don't disguise what they are doing to the degree they do in games that count.
- Teams want the preseason to evaluate players, and the last thing they want to have happen is a number of injuries.
- I couldn't agree more that the preseason is too long and should be shortened.
- Last summer, Warner had a decent preseason, leading some to believe he had found his groove again.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.