In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Fabric with a high cotton content will shrink - even if it says it is pre-shrunk.
- It was John McKendrick who introduced pre-shrunk fabric, which did away with the time-consuming, hands-on, chemical waterproofing process.
- ‘These martial arts uniforms are pre-shrunk and absorb moisture,’ said Nasir Saleem, sales director.
- The Zippered Body Suits are the only garments that are pre-shrunk.
- Made of a comfortable pre-shrunk cotton fabric with other quality features, this is an excellent choice for logos.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.