In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1presidente de la mesa electoral masculinopresidenta de la mesa electoral femenino
- Reports of the lawless activities of presiding officers and other officials of the Zimbabwe Election Officer continue to flood in.
- However, presiding officers at the four polling stations expressed optimism that the situation would improve in the course of the day.
- The voter could punch in his vote only after the presiding officer had pressed a button on the monitor.
- Anyone with a visual impairment, physical disability or literacy difficulties may also be assisted by a presiding officer, under the election regulations.
- The presiding officer at a polling station in whose ballot boxes strange things appeared at the recount, was a tall, imposing, black man.
- The preliminary report indicated a family feud between the youth, who has laid criminal charges, and the presiding officer.
- Supervisory presiding officers were paid €455 a day for their work on the election, while their subordinates, the presiding officers, were paid €385.
- The defense has now officially challenged the presiding officer's qualifications and his ability to be impartial.
- Fifty six thousand presiding officers were chosen to supervise the voting, these aided by another 280,000, so to say, ‘lesser’ staff.
- Voting did pick up slightly around lunchtime but the 113 presiding officers or 113 clerks in Kilkenny weren't run off their feet.
- The activist, whose daughter was a presiding officer for one polling station, has strenuously denied any impropriety.
- Council spokeswoman Hellen Barnes said all presiding officers had written instructions to destroy any cards that were left at the polling station by ripping them up and putting them in the black rubbish sacks provided.
- They needed to transport presiding officers and their staff to polling stations.
- The only way to guarantee a true lawful vote is by doing it personally, checked by the presiding officers at the polling booth.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.