In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1broche de presión masculino América Latinabotón de presión masculino América Latinacierre automático masculino Españaautomático masculino España
- Perhaps a press stud could also be inserted at the same time as the silicone, to enable their tops to remain attached!
- The black purse, with a silver zip and press stud, is still missing.
- The bag is a sort of rounded flattened truncated triangle shape, pleated onto the top band which closes in the centre with a magnetic press stud.
- Another choking hazard are multi-colour educational bears, with buttons and press studs which can be easily detached.
- Razor blades, combs, buttons, press studs, collar studs, boot laces, thimbles - anything that was small enough to carry and wasn't tea.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.