In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1grupo de presión masculino
- Instead he founded the Union of Democratic Control, a pressure group which advocated a negotiated peace and a League of Nations.
- What stops a pressure group from generating multiple suits?
- Fourth, a pressure group may speed up legislation by writing bills and helping legislators make progressive agreements.
- A different option is to become earnest and join a political party or a pressure group.
- We do believe in behaving like a government and not simply like a pressure group.
- Greenpeace insist that they are an environmental pressure group.
- I think that they found it very difficult to go from a pressure group to a political party.
- It will be little more than a pressure group on the existing major parties.
- Some people want it only to be a pressure group that will redirect the ANC back to its ‘true path’.
- That's the difference between being a pressure group and a valid political party.
- They will continue to remain as a pressure group from the outside and keep their autonomy and independence.
- When a political party becomes a pressure group it loses its credibility.
- The deadline for objections was August 19 and the pressure group continued to gather support until that date.
- Now, a new pressure group of business and political leaders from throughout the north west has been set up to lobby for extra funds.
- The council decided to write to the governors of the school and will later consider forming a pressure group to push to get the pool open.
- In accepting the position last June, he took on the leadership of a venerable pressure group with 57,000 members.
- Even the pressure group who have lobbied so hard against the plan now seem to accept that time and options have run out.
- Well I certainly respect their impartiality; I don't see a council as a pressure group.
- We will continue to be a pressure group, a permanent opposition.
- If successful in this area, a pressure group might end up helping to shape future government initiatives.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.