In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(income/profit) bruto(income/profit) antes de impuestos
- The good news was that the company reported a pre-tax profit for the quarter to the end of September.
- The global banking giant this morning reported pre-tax profits of £6.7b after goodwill amortisation.
- Congress needs to enact policies that boost pre-tax wages and after-tax incomes.
- This has risen each year to a turnover of £330m and a pre-tax profit of £9.88m for last year.
- Therefore, turnover has gone up 480 fold and pre-tax profit is 500 times larger.
- The group is tipped to turn in pre-tax profits of £58.5m on Thursday against £42.3m last year.
- It is expecting pre-tax profits to come in at £31.9m on Friday, down from £39.6m last time.
- Brokers have pencilled in pre-tax profits of £618m, up from £615m the previous year.
- The group says it expects to report pre-tax profit for the year ending in March to be at the top of forecasts.
- Annual pre-tax profit is expected to be around £180m compared to £159m last year.
- As such, a pre-tax profit of £100m has been pencilled in by brokers.
- Overall, the group is expected to post pre-tax profits of £65m against £75m last time.
- The firm said it made a pre-tax profit of £300,000 for the July to September quarter.
- In the interim years pre-tax profits were around the €200 million level.
- The company took on staff in 2001 and saw an increase in its turnover and pre-tax profit.
- Operating profit, pre-tax income and net income were all up on 1999 figures.
- Lloyds reported a pre-tax profit of £1.6bn in the first half last year.
- The self-employed personal contributions are not tax deductible, so one is paying it from pre-tax income.
- The profit shareout is based on 15 per cent of the company's pre-tax profit for 2000.
- It allocates half of its pre-tax profits to dividends.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.