In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(profit/income) bruto(income/profit) antes de impuestos
- The firm said it made a pre-tax profit of £300,000 for the July to September quarter.
- Operating profit, pre-tax income and net income were all up on 1999 figures.
- The group says it expects to report pre-tax profit for the year ending in March to be at the top of forecasts.
- The profit shareout is based on 15 per cent of the company's pre-tax profit for 2000.
- The good news was that the company reported a pre-tax profit for the quarter to the end of September.
- The company took on staff in 2001 and saw an increase in its turnover and pre-tax profit.
- Congress needs to enact policies that boost pre-tax wages and after-tax incomes.
- Annual pre-tax profit is expected to be around £180m compared to £159m last year.
- The global banking giant this morning reported pre-tax profits of £6.7b after goodwill amortisation.
- This has risen each year to a turnover of £330m and a pre-tax profit of £9.88m for last year.
- It allocates half of its pre-tax profits to dividends.
- The self-employed personal contributions are not tax deductible, so one is paying it from pre-tax income.
- Overall, the group is expected to post pre-tax profits of £65m against £75m last time.
- As such, a pre-tax profit of £100m has been pencilled in by brokers.
- It is expecting pre-tax profits to come in at £31.9m on Friday, down from £39.6m last time.
- In the interim years pre-tax profits were around the €200 million level.
- Therefore, turnover has gone up 480 fold and pre-tax profit is 500 times larger.
- The group is tipped to turn in pre-tax profits of £58.5m on Thursday against £42.3m last year.
- Lloyds reported a pre-tax profit of £1.6bn in the first half last year.
- Brokers have pencilled in pre-tax profits of £618m, up from £615m the previous year.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.