In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Each amniocentesis carried a risk of miscarriage or preterm labour, and as some pregnancies needed several of these procedures the risk was not inconsequential.
- For example, preterm multiple birth can cause a sudden and unexpected increase in need for intensive care facilities.
- We propose that women should be informed of a small but significantly elevated risk of preterm birth and perinatal death when they conceive shortly after a birth.
- The purpose of the serial amniocentesis is to prevent preterm labor and thereby extend the pregnancy.
- It starts with the management of preterm labor and postdate pregnancies.
- Smoking during pregnancy has also been linked to preterm labor and other pregnancy complications.
- Chronically catheterized preterm fetal sheep respond to intravascular endotoxin with a tolerance type response.
- This is the best way to protect yourself and your baby against preterm labor and delivery.
- An excess of extremely preterm first births existed among women whose subsequent interpregnancy interval was 2-5 years.
- Doctors have known that preterm newborn boys fare more poorly than girls, but it's not been clear why.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.