In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
nombre & adjetivo
- Granger's framework can be seen as a preventative in minimizing the use of meaningless correlations.
- Do the best for your cats and kittens by taking them to a vet for preventative vaccinations.
- Veterinarians from across the country report that dog owners have trouble remembering to give monthly heartworm preventatives as prescribed.
- Or should you bother, if some of the preventatives have potentially alarming side-effects?
- At the same time, last weekend the UN admitted that HIV infection (passed on mainly through sexual activity) is spreading worldwide, despite the use of preventatives and precautions (such as use of condoms).
- Perfect for weight loss charms and acne preventatives.
- One way is by ensuring that your pet is on a monthly parasite preventative.
- Non-medical advice to take Ciprofloxacin, for example, as a preventative is totally wrong.
- Treatments include preventative medicines and those for use in acute attacks.
- For those drinking three to four cups of coffee per day the preventative effect was even greater.
- They aim to have a preventative medication on the market by mid next year.
- In one story on calcium channel blockers - hypertension preventatives - the media overdramatized the drugs' risks.
- There needs to be a massive shift in the health care system from treatment to preventative care.
- And, as we might imagine, Florida state government officials are regularly offered new supposed cures and preventatives.
- Treatments are not intended to be used as preventatives.
- Along with the Netherlands, it has applied to the EU to start preventative vaccination of domestic birds in some areas.
- Remember that the preventative drugs for malaria need to be continued for one month after leaving the malarial region.
- As part of preventative maintenance, periodic checks of the endoscopes are done.
- She would like to become an equine practitioner specializing in preventative medicine.
- They learn about condoms, as a preventative against disease, not pregnancy, for obvious reasons.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.