In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fiebre miliar femenino
- The morning, like most out in the open in summer, was cold to start, quickly warming up to an uncomfortable prickly heat.
- The juice of the nettle is good, she says, for a variety of ailments - arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, allergic rashes and prickly heat.
- Irritated summer skin is usually caused by clogged sweat ducts, a condition called prickly heat or miliaria, or by exposure to poison ivy, oak or sumac.
- It is important to remember that even minor sickness in the desert can have dire consequences - prickly heat and diarrhea can upset part of the sweating mechanism and increase water loss, raising susceptibility to heat illnesses.
- Its cooling properties are such that application on the body prevents prickly heat and summer boils.
- Come to think of it, the summer was a lot better in spite of the sweat, dust and prickly heat.
- Even though my thighs were not enormous or anything, I would still get prickly heat.
- Also in hot climates I get prickly heat on my neck (as proven on my trip to the Philippines).
- Major Ashby said: ‘Our feet are sore and we have a variety of exotic insect bites and are suffering from prickly heat and sunburn, but apart from that we are all fine.’
- Maybe we would be lucky with a little wind tonight, I thought, so I could sleep without feeling prickly heat.
- Clumps of itchy or prickly tiny red bumps on the skin that appear with hot humid weather in tropical countries is called miliaria or prickly heat in layman's terms.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.