In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It was he said perhaps a thank you for help given in time of tragedies and difficulties which was only part of his priestly duties.
- The women are taking over priestly and clerical duties, such as chaplaincies.
- There are calls to do away with clerical celibacy and admit women to priestly functions.
- The deification of the cow was undoubtedly linked with the rise of the priestly Brahmin caste in early Hinduism.
- The parish is grateful to him for his presence amongst us, his spiritual anecdotes and his untiring priestly zeal for our spiritual welfare.
- That sense found clear expression in his later poetry as he pondered the priestly vocation.
- He seemed to have expertise in science and finance as well as his priestly duties.
- There is something priestly about him, a lofty, ascetic air.
- My father used his black graduation robe from rabbinical seminary as his priestly garb.
- His injuries were not serious and is likely to be back at his priestly duties in the near future.
- The Celt's priestly caste, the Druids, has become a part of modern folklore.
- Many of these men are able and willing to resume priestly duties and functions.
- Zechariah performs his priestly service at the geographical center of Jewish piety, the temple.
- He's a strict vegetarian, and observes all the rules of personal purity necessary to do the priestly work.
- Bede's portrait of the pagan priest Coifi was influenced by Christian ideas about proper priestly conduct.
- He will be returning to Orlando where he will be continuing his priestly duties.
- What can be done to restore the priestly and pastoral ministry of bishops to its position of primacy?
- Kealy has always conducted himself in an exemplary priestly manner.
- One cannot truly proclaim a prophetic word until a priestly word has first been spoken!
- They recommend strongly against the return of a few to any kind of priestly work.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.