In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1prímula femeninoprimavera femenino
- Superb instant effects can be achieved by using semi-advanced seedlings of annual flowers such as lobelia, marigolds, pansies and primulas, which are all low-growing and suitable for containers.
- Around this time of year, there is a good show of daffodils, tulips, primroses, primula, helibores orientalis and other spring flowers.
- The garden is full of marigolds, pansies, dahlias, primulas and nasturtiums, as well as shrub roses and climbers.
- One of the most valuable of these spring flowering perennials is the primula.
- Underneath are Himalayan poppies Meconopsis, primulas and trilliums, many of them also collected from the wild.
- You can use a combination of plants: primulas, cyclamen, heathers and ivy are all useful for winter colour.
- Divide primula and polyanthus after flowering, and move any that are badly placed
- A large variety of shrubs have already been planted in the garden including thistles, dogrose, wild primulas and teasel.
- Their favourite was the rose, followed by hellebores, peonies, clematis, magnolias, lilies, euphorbias, primulas, snowdrops, geraniums.
- And everywhere I look there are primulas and polyanthus showing their bright little flowers.
- The combination of bedding plants such as primulas, violas and forget-me-nots, combined with bulbs such as hyacinth and dwarf tulips, can make a very bright and attractive display.
- A plaque was also donated and primulas were planted at the garden which will bloom each year.
- Spring flowering plants that grow well in baskets located in a sunny spot include alyssum, lobelia, pansies, primulas and bedding begonias.
- Following our pale primrose are the Wanda primulas, very attractive plants with very dark, often evergreen, crinkled leaves and rich flowers in shades of purple, pink and red as well as white and yellow.
- Hardy spring bedding such as forget-me-nots, primulas, wallflowers, sweet williams and violas can be planted to fill gaps left by the removal of summer bedding.
- It is time to plant out the primulas and primroses potted up from the garden when they finished flowering in late spring.
- The white winter flowering heather and pink cyclamen had faded but were soon replaced by violas, primulas and grape hyacinth.
- In the 18th century, the unassuming, humble terracotta flower pot was used to grow, amongst other things, auricula primulas.
- Other jobs include dividing primulas and polyanthus once they have finished flowering.
- Polyanthus primulas and pansies make for a reliable show.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.