In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(worker)tipógrafo masculinotipógrafa femeninoimpresor masculinoimpresora femeninoprinter's error — error de imprenta masculino
- printer's ink — tinta de imprenta
- Mr Marshall told the court he was a commercial printer for 30 years before he retired.
- When the printer is not the artist, prints that are allocated to the printers are called printers ' proofs.
- In those early days, the Pattaya Mail was actually printed in Bangkok as there were no local printers then able to handle the job.
- The business premises in Grassington will not continue as a printer's.
- Submitting the finished layout to the printers, she was free to do anything she wanted for the weekend.
- After a six-year apprenticeship with a firm of lithographic printers he moved to London in 1900.
- Go buy a few shirts, take them to a printer, get them printed and sell em to your friends at cost.
- The charity has issued guidance for designers and printers, including simply making print larger on labels or setting up helplines.
- As a result they have had to cease production of commercial work, and we had to find new printers.
- It was in Devon that co-founder John Bird trained as a printer and began to flourish as an astute businessman.
- When it was approved from Bangkok the Siamese Minister would return it to the printers and the new banknotes could be printed.
- In the case of the newspapers, the persons with the technical skills as printers were amongst those persons assigned.
- It required highly skilled carvers and printers to produce Takashi Ito prints.
- Half a million copies of Yao's critical article were printed, the text being distributed by telegraph to provincial printers.
- Even then it was published anonymously under the name of a printer that had long been out of business.
- He is named in the colophon as one of the publishers and Isaac is named on the title page as the printer.
- Their success brought so much business to the printers that they were unable to cope with the demand.
- We had the artist do the artwork way last summer and it was actually at the printer.
- Born in Derbyshire, Richardson settled in London and became a master printer.
- The company has even set up its own on-site academy offering training for end users, printers and students entering the industry.
- It seems incredible that it took so long for printers to be built with the capacity to print on both sides of paper.
- You may find it helpful to talk to the shop where you bought your camera for advice on a compatible printer.
- Photos can also be printed on a compatible colour printer or saved to a memory card to share with friends.
- Consumables are the paper, toner, toner oil and electricity that printers burn up in their lifetime.
- Sales of storage systems, laptops, servers, software and printers jumped as well.
- I had set up a computer and a printer for him, and got his secretary working on the computer.
- Many high-end printers have their own built-in hard disks to store print jobs.
- With this in mind, several of the printer companies have come out with printers that do prints on decent photographic paper.
- The routers are also used to connect computers with printers and other peripheral devices.
- The school is now seeking help to buy a projector, computers, laptops, printers and scanners to equip the new suite.
- In terms of production, it uses industry-standard computer software and mainstream printers.
- Compaq presaged its entry into digital imaging by introducing a multi-function printer and a scanner last summer.
- It lets the computers talk to each other and do things like command a printer to print something.
- So no matter what kind of memory card you use, you can bypass the camera's cables and use your printer as your link to the computer.
- Macmillan held his earpiece again as if hearing something new, and then turned to the printer just as it began to print.
- Check if a printer will print on card, transparencies and other media that are essential to your needs.
- Pollutant ozone can also be a by-product of the action of photo copiers and computer printers.
- These printers would allow small and large businesses to produce marketing materials in house.
- On the wall straight ahead of him was his computer setup with printer and fax machine.
- The package included a high spec computer with modem, printer, scanner and software.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.