In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
(act, process, result)impresión femenino(ink/error) (before noun) de imprentathe printing is poor — la impresión es mala
- the invention of printing — la invención de la imprenta
- A microfiche edition of the first printings of Mathilde's works has recently been published by IDC in the Netherlands.
- This may be the most profound technological advance in music since Petrucci and the invention of musical printing.
- Before the invention of printing, books were produced entirely by hand by a series of painters, calligraphers, and binders.
- BP Colour was involved in high quality lithographic printing for marketing and graphic design companies.
- And, in tandem with that, we have changes in printing technology, which have enormously reduced the cost of printing and publishing, even in traditional book form.
- Since its first appearance nearly half a century ago the book has gone through a number of printings and has deservedly maintained its popularity.
- Future printings will be corrected to address the error.
- This does not make it a cheap book, but the clarity of Luca Invernizzi Tettoni's photography and the high quality printing make the book an instant visual hit.
- Minor corrections were made between the first and second printings.
- The lecture was a medieval solution to book shortages before printing was invented.
- The book went through several printings and was obviously much-treasured by those who purchased it.
- These hard wood blocks were durable enough to withstand the thousands of printings necessary for magazines with national circulations.
- The book was popular with the public, rapidly selling through five printings.
- We usually buy our stock directly from publishers, sometimes being invited to share in special printings.
- Its popularity (three printings the first three months, with three more the first year) made it the first theatrical script to sell well as a book in America.
- In many commercial printings, overruns are part of the process.
- The only suggestion this reviewer has is that the publisher consider a larger typeface in the next printing.
- They're also all books that have been published in multiple printings for decades or longer by multiple publishers.
- Although both books have been published in Britain, these 2003 printings by Airlife make them available in the United States for the first time.
- There is a lot to like about this book, including a clear layout, good printing, diagrams, paper and binding, and an extensive bibliography.
- The history of writing has been influenced by technological developments, such as the invention of paper and printing, and by increased literacy due to the expansion of formal education.
- First is the editorial decision to replicate the original printings, complete with long walls of paragraphs and confusing punctuation.
- The invention of printing had revolutionized the transmission of new ideas across Western Europe, including Protestant ideas.
- Raymond Nelson's edition reproduces photographically the first printings of Tolson's three published volumes, along with thirty-four pages of uncollected poems that appeared in journals.
- That means my ‘series’ now has three different printings from two different publishers.
- A sufficiently high number of pre-orders would push the book into multiple printings early on and guarantee a high ranking.
- Organic semiconductor production would do away with all of that and substitute a process that resembles the continuous-feed printing of a newspaper.
- This rather classy book boasts high-quality printing and color reproduction of individual Tino Hamid photographs.
- It was well over 100 years from the invention of printing to the appearance of the first newspapers.
- Will new printings of traditional books be issued on demand, or printed in advance and warehoused?
- Modern photoprinters offer many output options, such as the ability to handle roll paper for banner printing and producing borderless prints.
- Mass production in early printing, if it existed at all, just involved doing the same things faster.
- The importance of his book is that it was printed (book printing was invented just a short time before by Gutenberg) and many copies were therefore available.
- The actual process of printing by offset lithography is not new, but has been hugely refined in terms of quality and speed.
- Because of the quantities involved and the capital-intensive nature of the business, the early printing and publishing of books tended to be centralized.
- The book's success encouraged subsequent printings in 1858 and 1859.
- Nicholas V died in 1455, unaware of Johannes Gutenberg's invention of printing with moveable metal types in Mainz, Germany.
- The book has been through 53 printings in its original American version and has been published in more than 50 countries.
- The Satellite Newspapers' system downloaded newspapers to a kiosk for on-demand printing of newspapers.
- Could the introduction of remote printing of distant newspapers resurrect the newsstand business?
(quantity printed)edición femeninotirada femeninothe book is in its fifth printing — el libro va por la quinta edición
2(handwriting)letra de imprenta femeninoletra de molde femenino
- It was hard and white, and the printing on top was someone's flawless handwriting to ‘Mr. William Gale.’
- I'm not sure how many years I received instruction, but I think cursive and printing might have been different years.
- Dr. Karimian testified that the printing in the statement of assets was not in his handwriting.
- The printing was hurried and the cramped letters ran together as if Alec had been in a great hurry to get them on paper.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.