In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(que no cotiza en Bolsa) sociedad privada femenino
- We had a great reputation as a private company and I want the same reputation as a public company.
- This will be no surprise to anyone who has observed the award of contracts in the public sector to private companies.
- In particular, shares in a private company can pass through an estate without probate.
- It explains that insurance companies and other private companies are working with Medicare to offer the plans.
- It has contracted a private company to draw up a business plan for a raft of improvements at the site which is expected to be completed by next summer.
- Forbes uses the value of publicly traded shares and private companies to obtain its figures.
- It is indeed the basis of the distinction made in the Act between a public company and a private company.
- We argue that buying a private company is more risky than buying a public one.
- Do we really want private companies deciding what the public is entitled to know?
- This practice is prevalent in private companies as well as public sector companies.
- The parties agree that there is more than one possible approach to such a valuation of shares in a private company.
- Her guns were made by a private company with a legal monopoly on the gladiatorial gun market.
- That said, there are private companies that are subcontracted to operate speed cameras.
- These will be used to enable private companies involved in health and education to comply with public sector standards.
- The consultant advised that the project be franchised out to a private company through public tender.
- In private companies all significant shareholders can expect to be directors of their company.
- The mass mail delivery was part of a campaign by Unison against the increasing use of private companies in public services.
- Under a 30-year concession, a private company will operate and maintain the highway.
- A private company with a vital public role had been given extended use of the public purse to continue doing a bad job.
- The only concern is that the funds involved might be tilted towards one director in a small private company.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.