1(in UK)diputado masculinodiputada femenino(sin cargo específico en el gobierno) representante femeninoprivate member's bill — proyecto de ley presentado por un representante a título personal, sin el respaldo de ningún partido
- Several attempts were made during the 1970s and 1980s to achieve this, both by government and by private members, but all failed, for a variety of reasons.
- The Legislative Council last night defeated a private member's motion to reject the report on political reform.
- A private member is any MP other than the Speaker, a minister or a parliamentary secretary.
- I said Mr Kavanagh would be a private member of the public with no connection to the council.
- Last November she tabled her own private member's legislation aimed at tackling this problem.
- Work is underway to prepare for the moving of a private member's motion in Parliament that is intended to activate law reform in this context.
- Not until 1912 did a private member of Parliament introduce a bill that would allow women to become solicitors.