1.1(in private)en privadocan I speak to you privately? — ¿puedo hablar contigo en privado / a solas?
- the interview was held privately — la entrevista se celebró en privado / a puertas cerradas
- As far as I can see, it's the privately educated sneering at the under-educated.
- This change in events requires that I speak with you and your companion privately.
- A person who is privately most generous, he remembers those who have shown kindness to him.
- It used to be thought that only rich and privately educated people sent their children to independent schools.
- Logan positioned himself behind Rob so he could speak to him privately.
- It would privately fund research to provide the information it needed to devise a response.
- The restaurant is designed in such way that a group of 25 persons can dine privately.
- His opponents however, insist that he had plenty of chances to do this privately.
- People may speak privately to a nurse or get cancer information which is free of charge.
- Kate stood at the door and waited for him to pause the game and come speak with her privately.
- Many people do not realise they have fewer rights when buying privately.
- Many hours passed before the children were able to speak privately again.
- She now sends her privately educated son for extra language tuition.
- That Davis's support is not solid is evident from speaking to some of his backers privately.
- Many privately muse that if the government insists on outlawing hunting, then outlaws they are prepared to be.
- He was educated privately in the classics and went on to study medicine and forestry.
- But they have already accepted that schools and hospitals are being privately financed.
- Whether you decide to trade in your car or sell it privately is a personal choice.
- We've already started to talk privately to a number of people and they're extremely supportive of the idea.
- You once said privately there were few people in your department you could trust.
1.2(not publically)privately held views — opiniones personales femenino
- they agree privately that inflation … — extraoficialmente admiten que la inflación …
- she didn't show it, but, privately, she was very disappointed — no lo demostró pero, en su fuero interno, se sintió muy decepcionada
2.1(not by state or large concern)privately educated — educado en colegio privado / particular
- she had the operation done privately — la operaron en una clínica privada
- this land is privately owned — esta tierra es de particulares
- the book was published privately by the author — el autor financió personalmente la publicación del libro
2.2(by private arrangement)to sell sth privately — vender algo personalmente / sin intermediarios
- she also teaches privately — también da clases particulares