In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- And unlike the Christian Democratic Union, which has the legacy of Helmut Kohl to fall back on, the SPD has lacked pro-European credentials.
- And Mr Brown, who cautiously backed Mr Blair's pro-European calls, will today meet the bosses of the pro-euro Britain in Europe campaign.
- Even mild-mannered pro-European David Curry - no doubt livid that a divisive European referendum would now be called - stuck the boot in.
- With respect to Europe, the Berlusconi government has essentially continued Italy's pro-European line.
- There is a vacuum where pro-European arguments should be.
- He said that the ‘modern long-term and deep-seated pro-European consensus in Britain about Britain's role in Europe and Europe's role in the world can and will be built’.
- They also focused in on Kennedy's avid pro-European policies.
- Labour must come clean as an unequivocally, unambiguously and patriotically pro-European party.
- Men are more pro-European than women while the media appears heavily to influence people's attitudes.
- Meanwhile, the current, pro-European position of the Labour Party, which abandoned its policy of quitting the EU in the mid-1980s, is unpopular.
- A pro-European Labour source said: ‘This is about educating our party members.’
- He has also worked for pro-European referendum campaigns in Poland and Hungary.
- At some point they understood you can win elections with pro-European politics, because voters feel that will improve their living standards.
- But he gave no concession to former Chancellor and pro-European Ken Clarke over changing the party's current opposition to joining the European single currency.
- Tony Blair will be forced to shelve the controversial European constitution treaty if the French reject it today, with leading pro-European allies declaring they will abandon the fight.
- He is pro-European Union and pro-US - neither of which fit easy with the claim that he is still a fascist.
- They also expressed a readiness for keeping the pro-NATO and pro-European Union accession policies.
- An astonishing majority of Scottish voters cast their vote for candidates and parties running on pro-European tickets.
- On November 22, Short directly linked her anti-US remarks with a pro-European position.
- No Italian government was more assiduously pro-European.
1proeuropeo masculinoproeuropea femenino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.