In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1defensor de la familia
- It is pro-family, uniting those gay family members with their siblings and parents in the unifying ritual of civil marriage.
- And in a matter of time, there will be 100 million active evangelical voters who will, every year, every election year, decide the pro-life, pro-family candidate's elected.
- It's a pro-family position, and economics and standard of living really does not enter into it.
- An understanding of the structural roots of family and gender shifts is essential if we are to reclaim ‘family values’ and develop a pragmatic, progressive, pro-family agenda.
- But the truth is that they're not pro-family, their only pro-families that look like theirs.
- Notice here how being pro-family and being gay-friendly are not exclusive categories.
- These believers express a desire for political authority, but only of the type supportive of pro-family social nucleus and traditionally-bound, regulated liberties.
- For many pro-family voters, protecting traditional marriage ranks ahead of the economy and job creation.
- Please ask all faithful Catholics you know to arrange to have Masses said for pro-life and pro-family victories at the polls this Nov. 2004.
- Other voices are then heard: feminists, family therapists, Christian pro-family movements, economists, and the civil society.
- A pro-family government wouldn't use family payments to penalise women who want to work and contribute a few dollars a week to the family income.
- Prism, the monthly published by Evangelicals for Social Action, has called the series ‘the most pro-family, God-preoccupied, home-based program on television.’
- Socially progressive, pro-business but anti-corporate, pro-family but anti ‘conservative family values’, we are a diverse and dynamic group of people who deserve to be heard.
- As a pro-family and pro-life leader, Gary is held to a higher standard.
- The new favored term is ‘the pro-family movement,’ but that's so overtly propagandistic - secularists are anti-family?
- The Democrats aren't perceived as the pro-family party.
- The tax cut increases the child tax credit from $500 to $1,000 over several years-a good pro-family initiative.
- Equal Rights Washington, a group advocating equal treatment for gays, said marriage is ‘a pro-family ideal ‘that should be available to all.’
- It is the most pro-family measure imaginable - keeping families together, building new ones, strengthening the ties between generations.
- A Virginia pro-family advocate says the people who helped re-elect President Bush don't support homosexual relationships - the administration apparently does.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.