In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculino catedráticofemenino catedráticamasculino profesor universitario EEUUfemenino profesora universitaria EEUUprofessor of physics — catedrático de física
- Professor Fitzpatrick said that … — el profesor (or doctor etc.) Fitzpatrick dijo que …
- the typical absent-minded professor — el típico profesor distraído / despistado
- As young accounting students turn away from academia, accounting professors are getting older.
- It is a declaration of academic freedom by American professors at the end of the twentieth century.
- But he soon left to join the College of Medicine of the University of Lagos as a lecturer, rising through the ranks to become a professor and head of department of paediatrics.
- On polls of what is highest in the public esteem, university professors and teachers are right at the top and politicians are right at the bottom.
- On the other hand, the Church assumed control of all levels of state education, and the lectures of professors at the Central University of Madrid were censored, to stop French ideas seeping into Spain.
- Singer, though, isn't a secondary school teacher but a professor of bioethics at Princeton.
- In the King tradition, Dyson is a Baptist minister and a learned academic, now a professor at DePaul University.
- The people best positioned to effect this communication are high school teachers, college professors, and fellow students.
- That reflects the fact that it has become a proper trade union as international competition has turned university professors and lecturers into another section of the world working class.
- It conflicts with most conceptions of academic freedom articulated by professors.
- They supported charitable foundations, gave money to local hospitals and churches, subsidized chairs for university professors.
- There are a legion of them, a scattering of businessmen and prospective students, but mostly teachers and principals, professors and university officials.
- Would a chair professor of literature at Yale University be allowed to conduct serially personal liaisons with female graduate students over his entire career across decades?
- Very few professors will agree to chair their departments or take on deanships or even consider college presidencies.
- There are, however, times when the balancing act of being both a college professor and a teacher of young children can get frustrating.
- Now in his 80s, he has been a successful artist for the past 40 years while continuing his career as a college professor in the State University system of California.
- If the A-level results are better than ever, as the government insists, why are successful students, teachers and university professors unhappy about them?
- Before joining Stanford in 1998, Hammond was a professor at Columbia University's Teachers College.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.