1proletario masculinoproletaria femeninoproleta femenino coloquialthe proles — los proletas coloquial
- The rich will not bat an eyelid at paying £5 if it clears a few of the proles out of their way.
- Their betters are frustrated when people refuse to act like proles and insist on thinking they're just citizens.
- With the proles lining up twenty-deep at Mickey D's, can Europe be far behind?
- Does he think that only hapless and gullible proles sign up for the Marines?
- For he really did believe capitalism controls the proles not by physical oppression but by bread and circuses, by cultural debasement - or ‘dumbing down’ as we now nervously say.
- The resulting exclusionary policies, when practiced by all or most localities, drive landless proles from pillar to post until they become so desperate they will serve landowner-employers for very little.
- Social services for the proles are provided either by the individual prole, through savings after taxes, through families, or through churches.
- The new communist masters decided that Skoda would produce cars for the proles while the politburo and their apparatchiks would get a new luxury saloon built by Tatra.
- Party members were tightly controlled, but the inner party made no attempt to turn the proles from spasmodic mob into party members.
- No sooner has a cease-fire been signed than it is broken, and Big Brother in either case exhorts the citizens, known as proles, to make ever greater sacrifices, especially their liberty.