1.1(raise in rank)(employee) ascender(officer/public employee) ascender(public employee/officer) promoverhe was promoted (to) supervisor/colonel — lo ascendieron a supervisor/coronel
- In 1993, he was promoted to deputy director general of the department.
- Indigenous people were promoted to leading positions in the state and communist parties, and given preference for employment over Russians.
- Only when every company truly promotes on the basis of merit can we ignore gender in the workplace.
- He was to remain at MIT, being promoted to assistant professor in 1925.
- Here he was promoted to captain at the age of 29 and commanded a battleship.
- He was promoted to his current position in 1998.
- Recalled to his old regiment at the outbreak of the war, he was rapidly promoted to the rank of lieutenant and then captain.
- By 1969 he was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant General.
- Your ambitious nature will be rewarded as you are promoted to a prominent position in your profession.
- In May 2003, he was promoted to the highest rank of cadet officer.
- As of this moment, you will be promoted to the rank of Colonel.
- In April 1974 she was promoted to the position of driver, where she remained until her retirement earlier this year.
- He was promoted to the rank of Captain the following year.
- Don't be sad, he was promoted to the position of President and Chief Executive Officer on March 1, 1975.
- In September 1965 she was promoted to the rank of sergeant.
- Only two months ago he was promoted to the rank of corporal.
- Robbie was also promoted to the rank of Assistant Commander.
- Maupin was recently promoted to Sergeant, his second promotion since his capture.
- They were newly promoted to division presidents, in preparation for splitting the company into two separate publicly traded entities.
- He became a pilot in 1921 and was eventually promoted to lieutenant colonel during World War II.
1.2US Escuelapromovershe was promoted to fifth grade — pasó / fue promovida a quinto
1.3BritishUnited were promoted to the Second Division — United subió / ascendió a segunda división
2.1(encourage)(research/good relations) promover(research/good relations) fomentar(good relations/research) potenciar(peace/free trade) promover(peace/free trade) fomentar(growth) estimular
- I wish Croydon Council would actively encourage and promote the development of roof gardens in the borough.
- Ironically, formula companies promote breastfeeding, fund breastfeeding research, and keep breastfeeding statistics.
- What information has the Minister received on initiatives that are taking place this week to promote breastfeeding?
- Tang said the government is actively promoting competition by allowing more oil companies to become established in Hong Kong and encouraging the opening of more petrol stations.
- We can support research into methods to effectively promote abstinence.
- Meanwhile, many non-governmental organizations are also promoting sustainable development.
- We will work on the establishment of a structure in which Japan can more actively promote international peace cooperation.
- A planning officer should encourage and promote development within set parameters.
- I was employed as a shift supervisor and was expected to have my crew work with unsafe equipment and this was actively encouraged and promoted by the site manager and foreman.
- Are you aware of other international organizations which promote democracy and freedom?
- We want to encourage, celebrate, support and promote youth volunteerism in our community.
- Her work is to promote breastfeeding through working with the health boards' public health divisions.
- I never saw a BBC journalist actively promote his own political agenda.
- Used externally or internally, turmeric promotes healing in cases of trauma or injury.
- Lastly, echinacea, goldenseal and alfalfa may alleviate symptoms and promote healing.
- The European Commission is actively encouraging member states to promote the early teaching of languages.
- The US government also promotes their own political agenda through funding for international aid organizations.
- Do you promote recycling as a form of responsible waste disposal?
- I would encourage our council to actively promote our communities' financial obligations, goals and long-term vision.
- To promote flowering, apply a complete fertilizer in late winter or early spring.
3.1(service/product) promocionar(product/service) dar(le) publicidad aa tour to promote their latest album — una gira para dar(le) publicidad a / para promocionar su último álbum
3.2(concert/boxing match) organizar
- For instance, The Body Shop produces and promotes its product lines with environmental and social sensitivity as a major theme.
- They want to know how exactly you are going to use their cash to promote the product in the marketplace.
- No one can promote American products better than Americans.
- E-Business City has been created exclusively for retailers to promote their web-based products and services.
- They heavily promote their own products and when customers don't buy them, they become rude.
- Advertisers are hired to promote these products and services to specific markets based on a careful calculation of a target population's propensity to consume.
- A special ‘Wall of Values’ at the front of the store promotes products on sale each week.
- Our technical experts at the lab also work with our sales force to promote our products and to help our customers improve their products as well.
- Several companies are hoping airlines will allow advertisers to promote products on the airplanes themselves, specifically on tray tables.
- In New South Wales, two major advertising campaigns are currently promoting awareness of occupational health and safety issues.
- His face has been used to promote numerous products, ranging from Guinness stout to Newbridge watches.
- A dealer can buy from various distributors, and we're supporting it with real incentives to encourage distributor sales people to promote the product.
- Instead of getting a star to promote a product, he wondered, why not have the star launch the product?
- Choosing the right mix of advertising media to promote your products and services has never been more important
- The mortgage company has launched a large advertising campaign to promote the product, First Start Mortgage.
- Hamilton believes that the pros of using celebrities to promote products tend to far outweigh the cons.
- He said the show will offer the ideal business vehicle and an excellent opportunity for all in business to market and promote their products and services.
- In cases such as the launch of a new brand of cigarette, sales promotion events are sometimes the only vehicle used to promote the product, primarily due to the limitations placed on advertising the product.
- If it goes according to plan, these clients will advertise on the shows created and produced by the partnership as well as promote their products and services in the programs.
- They stay on message, find mistakes, and promote their product.