In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1propaganda femenino(campaign/war) de propagandapropaganda material — propaganda femenino
- it was used for propaganda purposes — lo usaron con fines propagandísticos
- The media and the government started a fierce propaganda campaign to change this opinion.
- It all looked terribly cool, the power of propaganda and marketing at work.
- It is time our student funded newspaper practised true journalism and not propaganda.
- The Independent's source then shed additional light on the tactics of the government propaganda machine.
- To regard this as a propaganda coup is to misunderstand the sociopathic threat that confronts us.
- The miners were no angels but the media was blatantly and cynically used as a propaganda machine for the government.
- The third method is to set up a system of accountability for propaganda work.
- The role of the government propaganda camps known as public schools cannot be discounted in all this.
- This stands, as we shall see, in a long tradition of propaganda by deed.
- One part of what we have to do is contest reformism's ideas and practices, in direct argument and propaganda.
- The US media and politicians were quick to spot the propaganda potential of these victories.
- The influence of advertisers is only one element of this propaganda system.
- What should have been a propaganda coup for Germany turned out to be the opposite.
- Perhaps only a long period of education or propaganda could remove our abhorrence.
- Removal of context is one of most persistent propaganda tactics around.
- The Cold War may be over, but the intelligence-gathering and propaganda machines grind on.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.