In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1portaminas masculinolapicero masculinolápiz mecánico masculinolápiz de mina masculinolanzaminas masculino Argentina
- He has two main tips - think in mini-grids first, and always use a propelling pencil.
- In front there is my essential cellphone alongside my favourite drawing pen and, lastly, a good old-fashioned propelling pencil.
- Yet it has proved a winner, if only because it has carried on the propelling pencil's pioneering work in reviving a handwriting culture among adults.
- He took out his propelling pencil and wrote £4 in the light hand used in other books.
- Brochures, birthday cards and souvenir propelling pencils were handed out and passengers travelling in Airways' aircraft were all presented with a gift to commemorate the occasion.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.