In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in US)impuesto sobre la propiedad inmobiliaria masculino
- Well, states get their budgets from three sources: income tax, property tax, and sales tax.
- But if the search for revenue is so desperate, why not have local income tax on top of a property tax?
- There is no other nation in the world that has this form of taxation on a property tax levied by a local government - a point I have already made.
- Roman citizens paid little tax, but provincials paid a property tax and a poll tax amounting to 10 or 15 percent of income.
- Currently, the land portions of the property tax are levied in the spring of each year and the building portions in the autumn.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.