In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1representación proporcional femenino
- Such a slate is required under the country's electoral system of proportional representation.
- The Electoral Reform Society said there was a strong case for proportional representation via the Single Transferable Vote.
- Regional councilors are elected by proportional representation of the political parties.
- Tom, I'd be interested to know whether you think a system of proportional representation would encourage more people to vote?
- Under the system of proportional representation some women were included on electoral lists, but not at or near the top.
- These range from instituting a single transferable ballot to proportional representation.
- His confusion may result from the common misconception that proportional representation is a voting system.
- He became leader of the party in 1983 and envisaged a multi-party system with proportional representation.
- It guaranteed the right to vote for proportional representation.
- Unionists clarified the electoral system by abolishing proportional representation in 1929.
- Under such proportional representation systems it is unusual for one party to gain an overall majority.
- The system of proportional representation used meant candidates were elected from a ranked list depending how many votes their party got.
- Seats in the assembly will be allocated by proportional representation using a list system.
- We also ask why it is necessary to enhance the maintenance of political party proportional representation in Parliament.
- The only solution that will solve all the list problems is to switch to the single transferable vote system of proportional representation.
- The majority of speakers advocated adopting a system of proportional representation in British Columbia.
- He's an advocate of a mixed political system that combines our present system with some proportional representation.
- I've long been a supporter of electoral reform and proportional representation but this election is testing my commitment to such a policy.
- Dozens of parties are vying for seats to be awarded under a system of proportional representation.
- The only real way of addressing this democratic deficit is to change the voting system and introduce proportional representation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.