In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- These groups were prospering financially and enhancing the Spanish economy.
- The once prospering city was now a leveled junkyard.
- He invested in plastics manufacture and farming and prospered financially, but he knew he was vulnerable.
- If people have a passion and are on a mission to be successful - they will prosper.
- Evolving with the times, it has survived and prospered by remaining flexible.
- The peasantry prospered by clearing land until the mid-ninth century, when it began to lose ground to its aristocratic neighbours, as land sales show.
- A number of buildings were already provided and if the institution was to prosper it would need to expand.
- But if the game is to survive and prosper it will have to translate impressive viewing figures into commercial revenue.
- Companies that prosper over the long term don't just offer good deals.
- To survive and prosper you may have to change with it or adapt your systems and attitudes to suit.
- As they prospered products were segmented and increasingly customized.
- They are all well-run, prudent clubs who survive and sometimes prosper year in, year out.
- Only if the basic fundamental rights are protected can a country succeed and prosper.
- They may conclude that for a business to prosper in the long term, they need a stable, permanent workforce.
- Destiny lies in your own hands, but to develop and prosper you must be prepared to work hard.
- Unbalanced growth can also indicate whether even once prospering areas are developing anti-industrial land use or other slow- or no-growth regulatory policies.
- Community groups across East Lancashire are set to prosper thanks to a new initiative which is being backed by a Rossendale firm.
- He never prospered financially, and was unable to avail himself of the chance of a safe parliamentary seat as he lacked the money from captured enemy prizes to ‘grease the political machine’.
- Several times, she had almost given up hope that the business would ever prosper and the only thing that kept her going had been her pride.
- The company has prospered by elevating one goal above all others: cutting prices relentlessly.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.